TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 97 05:47:08 PST

     Most "clear" soldermasks are slightly cloudy or not crystal clear.  It
     is due to the fillers etc.  Although with out seeing the board I do
     not know if it is less or more hazy then "normal."

     The line of ending up "crystal clear after mass soldering" is most
     likely not true.  If anything soldermasks in general become more
     cloudy after assembly because of interactions with flux.  But if
     Dynachem believes this ask them to prove it to you!  I would love to
     see the results.

     Good Luck