TECHNET Archives

January 1997

Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:34:07 -0500 (EST)
Nelson,

In a previous life I ran miles of flex circuits with the ImageFlex.  I have
also ran miles of the photoimageable coverlay (PIC) from DuPont.   Depending
on what you want from your solder mask (i.e. application method, flexibility,
dynamic Vs. flex-to-install and so on.....) the ImageFlex can be a great
mask.  It images and develops very well.  It also looks like a standard mask
and I think it comes in different colors.

I would be remiss if I didn't tell you that there are things that other masks
can do that the ImageFlex has trouble doing and vice versa.  On the other
hand it is very economical in comparison to PIC.

This can be a very big subject area so you'll have to be more specific about
your needs.  I'd be more than happy to converse with you over TechNet about
specific applications of  ImageFlex or other flex masks or you can E-Mail me
direct, or feel free to contact me by phone, it is up to you.

Scott Griggs
Applications Engineer
(612)825-6113