From:
"Dhawan, Ashok CA-WINPO2" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 96 14:26:00 GMT

Hai  to Experts on SMT process,

I am looking for whether a standard exists for selection of stencil
thickness. I have been told by my stencil manuf that the apertures are
shrunk down from pad size (Gerber data) and stencil thickness is taken based
on the industrial norm based on other users of stencils. It look to me
rather trivial. Though ind norms may work for most of the boards but they
may not work for few different boards---thus, there must be norm on min and
max amount of solder /solder paste.
I am looking for norms on the solder volume which can be used for selection/
verifying the stencil apertures and thickness.