From:
David Christopher Whalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 95 10:46:04 bst
> Does any one know a test for measuring the degree of cure for solder resists
that works and provides a useful measurement.

One of our students recently looked at this without much luck. He found
some correlation between the IPC/BS pencil hardness test and tests with
the "more scientific" Vickers micro-hardness test, but the Vickers test
proved tricky to get quatative results from (perhaps more sophisticated
micro hardness equipment would help). It is difficult to prepare DSC
test samples that are representative of manufacturing conditions - if
you cut out a small peice of coated board the results are dominated by
the PCB properties - I had wondered about printing onto something like
PTFE & then peeling of the film for testing (how are you preparing your
samples Bob?). Differential Photo Calorimetry might be an alternative.

David Whalley