From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 1995 19:30:28 -0500 (CDT)
It is not completely clear from your message as to whether you are asking
about thickness requirements or actual plating deposit requirements.

IPC-RB-276 (Performance spec for printed boards) does have thickness
requirements based on performance class for both nickel and gold
deposits.  There is a federal standard on gold referenced, and I believe
one on nickel as well.  IPC does not have equivalents of these federal
standards.

Regards
David W. Bergman, Director of Technical Programs
IPC
7380 N. Lincoln Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL  60646
708-677-2850 x340 Phone