From:
Leila Hady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 1995 12:16:54 -0500 (CDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 95 13:53 CDT
From: Letsinger, John F. <[log in to unmask]>
To: TechNet-request <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Copper Core PWB Assembly

Good luck with this.  You are probably most worried about building these
boards right now, but chances are, you'll need some repair/rework done to
them.  From a repair standpoint, your technicians are going to have to
change some of their techniques.  These types of boards dissipate heat
rapidly, and you may have a difficult time removing/replacing  components.
  I'd recommend prebaking before starting a repair.  130 degrees F. for a
hour or so will get rid of most of the moisture in the board.  Start your
repair as soon as you can after removing the board from the oven.  You may
have to use edge rail heaters in order to get enough heat in the board to
reflow connections.  Ovens help, hot plates do too, but edge rail heaters
are the most convenient and easiest to use.
     IPC-700C is a good source of repair information, although it is getting
a little long in tooth (8 years old).