Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 11:02:16 -0400
Mr. Stuber,

I do not know of any of the standards or specifications relative to this
material, but I suggest that you contact either Bob Hall, Bellcore, or Dave
Hillman, Rockwell.  Bob is heading Bellcores efforts at looking at
alternative metal finishes to replace HASL and has a wealth of industry
knowledge (walking encyclopedia).  Bob's phone number is: 908-758-2843.  I
don't know his E-Mail address.  Dave Hillman is a metallurgist and is the
chair for the J-STD-002 and 003 committees, as well as the vice-chair of the
assembly and joining committee.  Dave would be aware of the solderability
aspects and of any solderability research done in the areas you suggest.
 Dave's phone is:  319-395-1615 and E-Mail is: [log in to unmask]

If these two can't help you, you might contactEMPF in Indianapolis to see if
they have done any studies.  The EMPF home page is:
 http://www.engr.iupui.edu/empf
Good Luck.
Doug Pauls