From:
[log in to unmask] (Sherman Banks)
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 10:59 PST
I have a question about reflow soldering to gold with 2% silver paste.

I heard some  folk lore at our company about using 2% silver solder paste
on gold plated lands. The legend states that 62/36/2 paste on gold has
long term reliability implications, these joints being subject to
dendritic growth to a greater degree than 63/37 solder to gold.

If anyone is aware of published data on this subject, I would be very
grateful if you would give me the references so I may review the
information.

Also, if anyone is using silver solder on gold at this time, I would be
interested in hearing about your experience.

Please respond by the technet, to my e-mail address
([log in to unmask]) or my phone (408/481-6047)
Thanks and regards
Sherman Banks