From:
"dmitchel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 95 09:40:18 PST
 you are absolutely correct Mark. let your PCB suppliers adjust the gerber
 to meet your finished line specs. everyone has a little different etch
 factor.

Subject: PWB artwork
Author:  [log in to unmask] at corp
Date:    11/16/95 4:36 PM

I have a question for the Printed circuit Manufacturers. First a little
history. The PWB design group in my company adjusts the artwork (track width &
Spacing) to conpensate for the loss of copper during the etching process. I
have a concern that the etching depends on each PWB manufacturers process and
that each manufacturer would like to make his (or her) own adjustments to the
artwork / gerber data to achieve the final engineering requirements Which we
also specify on the drawing (Example shown below)

     Minimum conductor spacing:
     External layers to be .008 inch after plating and fusing or solder
     coating. Internal layers to be .008 after etching.

     Minimum conductor width:
     External layers to be .010 inch after plating and fusing or solder
     coating. internal layers to be .010 inch after etching.)

I feel that we are over controlling the PWB manufacturers. Is this true? Please
provide feedback. Thanh you in advance.

                            Mark Foster
                            Address: [log in to unmask]