Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 95 10:23:09 EST

        You know, I've been an idle sand bagger on this subject but I
        have to add my wooden nickel.
        If removing nonfunctional pads increases a certain fabricators
        yields, wouldn't the cost savings potentially be represented
        by on-time delivery and higher lot yields?????

        I'm not an expert on the nonfunctional issue but I have seen
        multiple discrepancies that are compounded by the ability to
        cleanly etch a large diameter pad that is in the close proximity
        of a fine line. (<.005") (I'm referencing AOI captures. BTW)
        So, being a fabricator I kinda lean towards removal. But this is
        a fun challenging subject! It has been for some time and I'm sure
        it will be for along time.

        Groovy :)