From:
[log in to unmask] (Tom Crofford)
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 20:54:22 -0500
We are in the process of designing several PCBs, most of them are
multi-layer.  I'm aware of the fact that power and ground layers
significantly reduce digital noise.  The decision we're currently facing is
whether to make our main motherboard 4 layers (2 signal, one power, one
ground) or 6 layers (4 signal, one power, one ground).  I'm wondering if
anyone has information that associates the number of layers to noise
reduction.  I'm also looking for opinions.  Will the extra two layers do
anything for me?  The design is below 10Mhz clock speed.

Thanks for your input.