From:
David Bergman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 1995 13:28:31 -0500 (CDT)

An IPC member in Sweden has asked:

I am seeking a good source of information on how to properly drill woven
glass reinforced teflon material, more specificly Arlon 527.

Our basic problem is a formation of tiny teflon threads, firmly anchored
in the holewall and protruding several up to 1/10 of a mm into the hole.
During the subsequent plating steps, these tiny and hard to detect fibers
are plated with copper causing formation of copper nodules and holesize
below minimum.

Can anyone provide advice?

Thanks
David W. Bergman, Technical Director