From:
John Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 14:06:19 -0400 (EDT)
In a previous life I worked for a place that made thousands of tin boards.
The customer (Texas Instruments) specified nickel as a migration barrier
between the copper and tin.  There is no reason you can't use bright acid
tin as a surface finish.  The one caveat we encountered was that using
tin nickel as an etch resist tended to give very sharp edges to the lines
where the etchant undercuts the nickel.  Operators can cut their hands
and if you overetch and get slivers they are like little razors.

While cruising the Internet, be sure to visit
our home page at  http://www.automata.com