DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1995

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (Ed Current)
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 95 15:52 MST
        I for one wholely applaud the free dispursment of design
certification information. If better education truely benefits all, then why
NOT distribute the information via this forum? Many of us can not get away
from the office for two weekends in a row, let alone travel to the class
sites. Please consider this terriffic idea.    -Ed

>Al,
>
>Having just returned from the IPC Semi-Annual Designers Council meeting, an
>number of things are taking place.
>
>First the Certification committee and the IPC never intended to be silent.
>All available information has, at one point or other been published in the
>media, sent over this forum, etc. With the heavy growth thet the council is
>experiencing, and the growth of this forum, we now recognize the need to keep
>republishing the information, for all those new to the concept.
>
>The Certification committee periodically reviews where we are and where we
>(the designers) want to be. They are currently undertaking this
>re-evaluation, in order to build upon what we have, and most of all, improve
>it, based on present designer desires. The committee is also accelerating
>it's efforts to but in place a number of training alternatives for designers
>at all levels.
>
>Your suggestion is a very good one and I can assure you, by virtue of this
>open forum, is under consideration.
>
>I expect you to see an increased level of communication, regarding Designer
>training and the resulting certification. I also expect you to continue
>airing your concerns. Without them, we can only guess at what needs to be
>done.
>
>Last but not least, I hope to see your proud use of certification credentials
>following your name, sometime in the future.
>
>Regards,
>
>Gary Ferrari
>Chairman-IPC Designers Council

Edward K. Current  [log in to unmask]   *********************************
CAD Supervisor, Eng.Services Dept.     * Peace up to the heavens,      *
Power Convertibles Corp.               * the heavens down to the earth *
3450 S. Broadmont Drive Suite.128      * the earth beneath the skies   *
Tucson, Arizona 85713                  * strength to everyone.         *