DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

1995

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 15:34:51 -0500
Al,

Having just returned from the IPC Semi-Annual Designers Council meeting, an
number of things are taking place.

First the Certification committee and the IPC never intended to be silent.
All available information has, at one point or other been published in the
media, sent over this forum, etc. With the heavy growth thet the council is
experiencing, and the growth of this forum, we now recognize the need to keep
republishing the information, for all those new to the concept.

The Certification committee periodically reviews where we are and where we
(the designers) want to be. They are currently undertaking this
re-evaluation, in order to build upon what we have, and most of all, improve
it, based on present designer desires. The committee is also accelerating
it's efforts to but in place a number of training alternatives for designers
at all levels.

Your suggestion is a very good one and I can assure you, by virtue of this
open forum, is under consideration.

I expect you to see an increased level of communication, regarding Designer
training and the resulting certification. I also expect you to continue
airing your concerns. Without them, we can only guess at what needs to be
done.

Last but not least, I hope to see your proud use of certification credentials
following your name, sometime in the future.

Regards,

Gary Ferrari
Chairman-IPC Designers Council