TECHNET Archives

January 2021

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2021 08:12:15 -0600
A little late coming into this one, but Lloyd gives a good suggestion (as
he usually does). I have worked with both the acrylic gels and the urethane
gels and both work well for the purposes of sealing off connectors.  You
may have to give those gels more time to outgas their solvents as you might
get bubbles in the gel.  I don't think that will impact reliability, but I
don't have the data to prove that conclusively.  But it would certainly be
better than uncoated leads.  The other alternative would be to use a
gel-like adhesive to seal off the connectors, especially if you have an
adhesive application step earlier in the process.
---
*Douglas Pauls *| Principal Materials and Process Engr | Advanced
Operations Engineering

*COLLINS AEROSPACE*

400 Collins Road NE, MS 108-101, Cedar Rapids, IA  52498  USA

*Tel:* +1 319 295 2109 | *Mobile: *+1 319 431 3773

[log in to unmask] for all Export Compliant Items