TECHNET Archives

August 2020

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2020 10:50:36 +0100
Hi Andrew

I suggest that you have a suitable open soldered pad on each board, measure it with a micrometer before and after costing. The wet comb test really isn’t suitable, it was intended for paints.

I recommend that you get a copy of IPC-CC-830 Conformal Coating Handbook.

Keep in mind that coatings have 3 curing stages:
1	Tack free
2	Dry to handling
3	Fully cured

As it seems you are new to coating, what was the reason behind adopting coating? I ask only because, in many cases, people use a coating to hide a problem, but coatings seal in as well as out.

Graham Naisbitt
E: [log in to unmask]
P: +44 12 5252 1500

IPC