TECHNET Archives

September 2019

From:
Tom Brendlinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tom Brendlinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2019 18:39:02 -0400
I bought this microscope recently (with a USB connected camera instead of
HDMI). I bought it in SEG Plaza in Shenzhen.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32880372287.html

I previously have bought these two from AmScope
https://www.amscope.com/stereo-microscopes/3-5x-90x-stereo-zoom-microscope-on-boom-stand-with-80-led-light.html

https://www.amscope.com/stereo-microscopes/3-5x-45x-trinocular-articulating-zoom-microscope-ring-light.html

Boom stands or articulated stands are definitely better for soldering, but
you might need to throw a c-clamp or some weight on the base to use it
fully extended. The articulated stand is good for soldering but it is a
little wiggly for taking pictures.

I absolutely recommend getting a true trinocular microscope rather than a
binocular where one of the eyes can be redirected to a camera, I always
mess up the shot when I switch it back and forth.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I can try
to answer them.

-Tom