TECHNET Archives

September 2019

From:
Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Jack Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2019 09:00:27 -0500
Hi Victor,

No, the copper thickness is not relevant to the clearance requirement.
The copper thickness determines the current carrying capability (and corresponding temperature rise)
The clearance is related to peak voltage.

Keep in mind that the minimum clearance is truly MINIMUM (try to use more!)
and also make sure you use your PEAK voltage spike, not continuous operating voltage.

and I agree with others, the Saturn PCB ToolKit is truly a gift to the design world!
http://www.saturnpcb.com/pcb_toolkit/

Jack