TECHNET Archives

July 2018

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:49:18 -0500
Kate, you have gotten some good recommendations from others, but I would
ask why you have the prohibition against potassium hydroxide?

I have used Zip Strip to good effect on urethane coatings and it only has
3-5% KOH.

Media blasting, as suggested, is also good for removal around a part.  In
addition to the CCRD device, Crystal Mark has a similar ESD-safe blaster
called a Swam-Blaster.

For urethanes, if you are talking part removal only, you can also burn
through the urethane coating and may not need a chemical stripper.

Is your need to strip from a part or strip the entire assembly?

Doug Pauls
Principal Materials and Process Engineer
Rockwell Collins