TECHNET Archives

May 2018

From:
Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Larry Dzaugis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2018 14:21:02 -0400
Used ESD safe vacuum formed trays to ship LED modules from Germany to US
and Asia.
Cost adds up quickly on a rigid flex assy unless it can fold with the PCB
edge down, from an exercise on a similar product..
Can represent significant % of total cost.

Had the casting they were assembled to shipped in ESD tray from China.
This kept the cardboard out of the optical assembly area allowed the
assembled end item to be sent anywhere in the same packaging.