TECHNET Archives

September 2014

From:
SALA GABRIELE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, SALA GABRIELE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:52:45 +0200
Hello Grahm,

to be RoHS-2 (2011/65/EU) compliance it means six substances limited and not
only Lead.
By using XRF (hand-held or Lab version, both costly instruments )you could
detect in a reliable way only some of those 6 substances.

Also, analysis and test need to be performed according to Test Methods
indicated by IEC 62321 Standard, where they address you how to prepare
samples (by homogeneous part), suitable instruments, test methods, etc.
See the partial document available on this link, take a look...

http://www.cj-elec.com/UploadPicFile/2012116153542929.pdf

To declare (certificate) parts RoHS-2 compliant, it is mandatory to perform
test according to IEC 62321. Most of certificate of compliance for parts
available on the market, they v refer to IEC 62321.
Etc...

LeadCheck swabs, it work as quick way to identify if lead is on surface, but
it detects (red color) around > 2000 ppm of Lead (RoHS limit is 1000ppm), by
the way, if the swab gets red, it means that Lead is there.

Gabriele