TECHNET Archives

February 2013

From:
Gregory Munie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gregory Munie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Feb 2013 13:39:52 -0600
I have been following this QFN discussion as about a year ago I worked a reliability problem for a QFN user.

One thing I noted is that the standoff is (of course) low. For anybody who is using QFNs: Have you done a Werner Engelmaier style mechanical reliability analysis on the parts?

Just asking. I saw them being used for avionics and was a little concerned about whether any planes I was to be flying on used QFNs.

Greg Munie PhD
IPC Technical Conference Director
630-209-1683

http://www.ipcapexexpo.org/