DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2009

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Louis Dallara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:45:39 -0400
I wonder what the demographics are of the 3864 ??

How many have changed careers, like my self?

How many have passed to the great service bureau in the sky?

or just no longer active because there are no jobs in there area.

How many US vs Worldwide?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Lou Dallara
http://louisdallara.com

Anne Marie Mulvihill wrote:

> *For your reference:*
>
> 400 designers worldwide passed the CID exam in 2008, bringing the
> total certified to 3864 since the program began in 1997.
>
> 78 designers passed the CID+ exam in 2008, bringing the total
> certified to 794 since the program began in 2001.
>
> Certification demonstrates a real commitment to excellence.
>
> *CID (Certified Interconnect Designer-Basic) and CID+ (Advanced) are
> valuable professional credentials recognized throughout the
> electronics industry.* Objective evaluation of core competencies in
> design is provided by this professional program, based upon industry
> standards rather than specifications of just one company. Courses
> enhance and assess knowledge: how to transform an electrical circuit
> description into a reliable PCB design that can be manufactured,
> assembled, tested. Your personal investment in professional
> development makes a difference to employers and their customers.
>
> *Certification Workshops in 2009 - Register now to allow study time*
>
> August 30-Sept 1 in Raleigh, NC – with PCB Carolina trade show - Sept 2
>
> Sept 25-27 in Schaumburg, IL – with IPC Midwest Conference & Exhibition*
>
> October 15-17 in Irvine, CA – with Designers Day
>
> December 9-11 in Dallas, TX – to meet your training objectives for 2009
>
> *special discounted pricing for this Friday-Sunday session
>
> Register at https://secure.ipc.org/IPC/descertonlinereg.asp
>
> * *
>
> *IPC maintains a web page with names of all Certified Designers. *
>
> This serves to verify your status, as a reference for employers,
> customers, and any participant in the supply chain.
>
> Check for your name on the list at http://dc.ipc.org/recentCID.asp
>
> If you would like to update your entry, please contact our Designers
> Council Coordinator at [log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>
> Please feel free to contact our team directly with any questions!
>
> *Anne Marie Mulvihill*
>
> Manager-Professional Development and Designers Council
>
> *IPC-Association Connecting Electronics Industries*
>
> 3000 Lakeside Drive, Suite 309 S
>
> Bannockburn, IL 60015
>
> +1 847 597 2827 *tel*
>
> +1 847 615 7105* fax*