TECHNET Archives

April 2009

From:
Ted Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Ted Tontis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:01:52 -0500
Inge,
	The system restore disk that came with the computer is it in German
only or do you have a choice between German and English or some other
language? If it is just in German I think you will find that there is
nothing you can do. You will have to nuke the computer and do a fresh
install of windows English. I am pretty sure it is hard coded into the code
when you select the language to install it under. If your restore disk,
which came with the computer, has English you should be able to do a system
restore using that disk and install the English version over the old German
one.
	Also you can not just go into your control panel and change the
regional and language options, your operating system will still stay a
German version.

Regards,

Ted