TECHNET Archives

April 2009

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:18:27 -0400
Brian,
I didn't know either, so I looked it up.

Tocopheryl acetate (C31H52)3) is the acetate of vitamin E and it is indeed
an ester.
Isopropyl myristate (C17H34O2) is another ester used to kill head lice and
is used in mouth washes (quite a combo!).

Aminomethyl propanol (C4H11NO) also known as 2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol.  I
prefer the latter, the IUPAC official name.  I can actually figure out what
it is without having to look it up.  Anyways this one is an emulsifier and a
neutral pH buffer.

Why did I bother looking this stuff up? Because I am always interested in
what people end up putting in their Blackberries - coffee, Gatorade, coffee
with sugar, hot chocolate, coffee with cream, hot chocolate, coffee with
cream and sugar (see a trend?), Coca Cola, salt water and, get this, extra
virgin olive oil.  No, I do not do biologicals.  Seriously, I don't have the
protocols in place to deal with them to protect my staff.
Bev
RIM