TECHNET Archives

April 2009

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2009 21:13:15 +0200
I've used mu metal for various cases, but I must  admit I've never ever
heard of cable shields in this material. Mu metal is very hard and brittle,
so how one can make a flex cable with mu metal is a mystery to me. To get a
good magnetic field attenuation, we use ordinary RF shields but many layers,
each one contributing to lead the magnetic lines longitudinally equal to
minimizing the central field lines. If your cable is short and with simple
geometry , you may simply put the cable in a mu metal tube. Better than a
braid or a tape. I'm not sure, but I think there are semirigid cables in mu
metal. Will probable cost a lot.
Let's here your solution later
/Inge