TECHNET Archives

November 2006

Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:13:47 EST
We had a similar situation recently on a rigid-flex brd (which were sold to
assy house)
where hand soldering was performed....green soldermask....to a trained eye
it looked like massive delamination.

It was discoloration of soldermask (not soldermask peeling or
lifting)....which could be due to heat, flux interaction...we did not really  figure out the
cause.  It was limited to hand soldering areas only.

X-section proved it (looking with back-light) and also U can scrap  the
soldermask w. X-acto knife and see if the laminate below is really  delaminated.

Our brds were for aerospace...customer bought the brds after X-sections  from
independent lab and report.

Rush
Accurate Engg Inc
_www.accueng.com_ (http://www.accueng.com)
818-768-3919

In a message dated 11/28/2006 9:01:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,