LEADFREE Archives

May 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 09:20:34 -0700
The non renewable resource energy costs environmentally (forget the dollars
for a second) are well documented. Environmentally the removal of lead in
solders is a detrimental environmental impact as is documented by the
references on my web site.

Regarding the dollar costs to date, I believe Harvey Miller has been quoted
as having estimated that to date it has cost the industry somewhere in the
region of 80 billion dollars. What the ongoing costs are I have no idea
perhaps Harvey has some data on that?

Harvey correct me if I am wrong on that number, you are the
economist.....8-)

John