LEADFREE Archives

May 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Michael Kirschner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 09:48:08 -0500
David,

What Tom has provided is NOT a "formal" EU or any government-sanctioned
marking...it is an industry standard.

There is NO FORMAL MARK REQUIRED for EU RoHS or for California.

There IS a mark required under most circumstances for China (we have English
translations available of the final drafts for the marking and maximum
concentration value standards at www.ChinaRoHS.com) and it appears that
there will be one for South Korea as well (more info at www.KoreaRoHS.com).

EU WEEE requires a mark which is specified by a CENELEC standard - EN 50419
dated March 2006.

Mike Kirschner
President
Design Chain Associates, LLC