LEADFREE Archives

May 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2006 20:57:40 -0700
Hi Chuck,

Apologies our server is down so I only just got the mail, you wrote:

So to answer your question about how it relates to lead free - nature as we know abhors a vacuum, and so in most cases SnPb in 63/37 ratio minus Pb37 gives Sn63 + 37x........and the major component of x in most lead free solders is tin.

So if it was somewhat obscure I apologize - I hope that clears things up. I cannot imagine anyone wanting to call this the maxi-tin list?

On the definition I believe the only term that needs clearing up is the word exploitation since human and people I believe need little clarification.

So here is the definition which I hope clears things up:

From Mirriam Webster:-

Main Entry: ex•ploi•ta•tion

Pronunciation: "ek-"sploi-'tA-sh&n

Function: noun

: an act or instance of exploiting <exploitation of natural resources> <exploitation of immigrant laborers> <clever exploitation of the system>

>Main Entry: 2ex•ploit

Pronunciation: ik-'sploit, 'ek-"

Function: transitive verb

1 : to make productive use of : UTILIZE <exploiting your talents> <exploit your opponent's weakness>

2 : to make use of meanly or unjustly for one's own advantage <exploiting migrant farm workers>

- ex•ploit•able /-'sploi-t&-b&l/ adjective

- ex•ploit•er noun

Kind regards,

John