LEADFREE Archives

May 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 09:24:31 -0700
I did know that actually.

I noted that they only seemed concerned with very small areas such as the
badly managed recycling "dumps" I actually intend to take up the soldering
issue with them once the industry itself realizes the issues with the
replacements. At the moment that understanding is poor to sketchy.

To my mind safer recycling means higher automation, more supervision and a
people and safety first intitiative - sadly that would mean actually putting
some money in, so it may take a while to get public opinion into this frame
of mind so the industry has to step up.

Have a great weekend.

John