LEADFREE Archives

May 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2006 07:45:27 -0700
Um, what has his leg to do with the environment?

It was a precedent, which means that if you want to go after the UK
government because they transposed RoHS into UK law on the basis that the
replacement materials you are forced to now solder with are environmentally
more damaging, you will actually be able to aregue this case as a precedent.
If you want to do that have at it.

I was just flagging the legal position without stating the obvious - which I
have now done.

John