LEADFREE Archives

May 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Joe Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2006 13:51:37 EDT
Thanks Chuck.

Summarizing the obvious as noted by the  authors, scarcity does impact
prices. Always has, always will. I  think that is the inequity that raises the ire
of folks.

Those of lesser means are the ones most injured by price hikes,  especially
when it impacts any portion of the middle class. Those with  greater means
don't care what the price is until it impacts them in a  fundamental way, such as
it would if rationing were invoked.

If gasoline was rationed, we might see fewer big SUVs and more  car pools and
bicycles on the road but then rationing commonly results in  gray and black
markets where those with greater means and  desire will find a way to support
their accustomed level  of comfort.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."  Orwell
noted.

The "golden rule" still applies... ;-)

Best,
Joe