ENVIRONET Archives

April 2006

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Joe Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:10:07 EDT
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the note. I am just the messenger.. ;-)

Yes, the NASA images evidenced the ice free cap you speak of.

Yes, I did consider the lack winter sunlight issue and the  counter balance
is the Antarctic which is not likely  to have similar near term potential
(though it is clear that it  seems to be calving huge icebergs at a good clip
according to reports.)  Maybe it is just part of another cycle, maybe not.

As I stated before, the time of observation has been  short. Just a few dots
so far but a trend, it seems, is apparent. If  it is cyclical, I cannot say
with certainty. One thing I can  say with certainty is that I will not be alive
when the  answer becomes absolutely certain.

I hope (I believe with you) that those registering concern are  not going to
be "dead..., right", however.;-)

Very best,
Joe