TECHNET Archives

December 2005

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:29:55 -0500
Susan,

I would hope the customer would spec out the laminate as RoHS compliant,
high Tg and from this the Fabrication house should infer the board will
be used in a lead-free process.

Sadly, some fab houses/end users think that the old standard FR4, if
plated with ENIG or IAg is RoHS compliant and therefore can be used in a
lead-free process.  Too bad our esteemed membership does not make up all
the specifiers of materials.  If that were the case this would all be a
moot point.

My 0.5 rubles.

Phil