LEADFREE Archives

October 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Anchondo, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:12:55 -0400
All
The "voltage rating" statement to my understanding is originally a
safety measurement to determine total current draw from a device so you
don't burn up your wall plugs (hence rated).  That measurement was done
on the input voltage with load. That leads me to believe that the
"voltage rating" is determined from the input voltage measurement and
not the output voltage.  Its a good argument but I would still line up
my ducks and keep trying to comply with RoHS.
Regards
Dan Anchondo