LEADFREE Archives

October 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:32:28 -0400
Karl,
If you added an attachment, it was stripped out, as usual.  Can't do that with LeadNet.

MY opinion? It should be at the component level, but the EU never specifically asked my opinion and I never saw the shotgun request for submissions.

The example the DTI gives is: lead frame, lead finish, overmold, gold wire and IC. I think it would be fair to add the die attach.  I HOPE that is as far as it goes, because if they want to go down to the homogeneous level at the IC trace level, then we have even more problems than we have now!

Bev
RIM