LEADFREE Archives

January 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:55:06 -0600
Hi Ken, IPC-LF Listservers,

Ken, you have to go back to last year Oct, 2004 on the LF list and read the
links to the Dolby/UK-DTI/UK-SMART group minutes for DTI's consultation.

UK-DTI Nick (Jolly Nick) isn't with them anymore as a consultant, and I
don't believe we have any DTI person reading this list.

From what I remember, and will have to read again, agencies in each member
country will be set up to collect weee dollars from selling companies or
their agents. These agencies don't exist yet in most places. For a B2B
(Business to Business) situation where the receiving business takes care of
the Waste self declaration exists as an end around to paying money into
these agencies.

So go back and read if you wish and also pick up a copy of the Perchards
link which should be updated pretty soon.

Probably more, yet that is what I remember.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave