LEADFREE Archives

January 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:11:11 -0600
Hi Carl, IPC LF Listservers,

I don't even quite know how to say this yet, I hope you mean lead in an
electronic product that falls under RoHS or WEEE for a Lead Free or Pbfree
electronic/electrical product. Lead at higher levels than .1% by weight
(1000ppm) is acceptable where these documents allow it. Brass, Steel,
inside of some components, etc.

The .1% is the eventual goal and is a measurement goal which includes any
measurement error. Watch surface available lead that can easily be caught
even if a more scientific test shows you to meet the requirements.

If you really want to get an exemption, that isn't already being worked by
some other industry or group be prepared for a LONG amount of WORK,
gathering a group together and politicing.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave

P.S. Which Sanmina (Owego, CA, ??)