LEADFREE Archives

January 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Daan Terstegge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:27:47 +0100
I cannot understand that our industry accepts that less than 18 months
before the deadline we can get nothing better than OPINIONS as to
whether specific products are exempt or not. This is all a big joke!

Daan Terstegge
Unclassified Email

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/07/05 09:05am >>>
Read the directives like the as the rest of us, you know best what your
products do and what market place they go to. I don't see that this
forum can be used as a place to ask whether one's products are exempt or
not. In the grey areas you won't find anyone willing to give you a
categoric answer in anycase and in which case you are probably better to
say you are not exempt.

If you want OPINIONs on the interpretation of the directives then
perhaps this forum can give you them.

Chris