LEADFREE Archives

January 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Ken Patel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:25:14 -0800
All,
I believe you are excluded based on the following bold line. I have copied
it form the following link.
http://www.boe.ca.gov/sptaxprog/ewfaqs.htm#general

Other website related to the subject is
http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/electronics/

4.        Are any sales exempt from the fee?
Yes. The fee does not apply when a customer purchases a video display device
that is any of the following:

o        Used and not refurbished.

o        Part of a motor vehicle, as defined in Vehicle Code section 415, or
a component part of a motor vehicle assembled by or for a vehicle
manufacturer or franchised dealer. This includes replacement parts for use
in a motor vehicle.

o        Is contained within, or a part of a piece of industrial,
commercial, or medical equipment, including monitoring or control equipment.

o        Contained within a clothes washer, clothes dryer, refrigerator,
refrigerator and freezer, microwave oven, conventional oven or range,
dishwasher, room air conditioner, dehumidifier, or air purifier.

In addition, the following CED sales are not subject to the fee:

o        Sales for resale.

o        Sales of products you ship directly to a location outside
California, if the transaction is not subject to California sales or use
tax. If the consumer takes possession of the product in California, the fee
applies.

You must maintain records to document any exempt sale, just like you do when
you make a sale that is exempt from sales tax. Click here for help with
information on sales for resale. Click here for information on sales of
products shipped directly to locations outside California.

Re,

Ken Patel