DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:08:37 EDT
Oh boy! This thread is too good to pass up! I just went through an ordeal  of
installing some LED's backwards and having to rework some assemblies. I'll
have pictures tomorrow of the silkscreen on the board, and the hand-out I gave
to my operators on my web page to determine polarity of LED's.

Judging from the different responses, I may still be all  screwed-up...

This rework wasn't easy, as you will see in the photos. The PTH LED's were
directly beneath some fiber optic connectors that opposed each other as far as
which side of the board they were installed from. Which meant that the LED's
were hand soldered first, then the fiber optic connectors were then hand
soldered over top of them. To find out that we installed them backwards made us
poop our pants!

I hope some good will come because of my pain!

Stay tuned, pictures tomorrow!

-Steve Gregory-

???  Survey Says
Do you use pin one of a Diode package to  indicate...

1. The Anode
2. The  Cathode.

Thanks

Paul Brionez -   <mailto:[log in to unmask]> CID
PCB  Designer
PH: 847-673-2718 x1394
FAX: 847-673-9789
DIVISION:  Electronic/Systems