DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Pete Waddell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:28:21 -0400
Theivery is a terrible thang. I remember that the first year we did the PCB Benchmark at PCB West two guys snuck into the "Benchmark" room at about 9 the first ervening and was in the process of loading up the PCs and a UNIX staation or two, when Nardo the security dude noticed the door was open a crack. Nardo (all 5'4" and 150 pounds) drug two guys out from under tables and busted em. Over 12 years later I still remember his name - Nardo the security dude.
Thanks for letting us know what hotel was involved. We'll certainly steer clear of them. But maybe some good comes of this - any events you folks are planning, I'm sure you'll make special note with the facility  about security and who is responsible for what. Mary, what kind of computer did you loose? Did insurance pay for it? Have you replaced the hardware yet?
p.

Pete Waddell
President
UP Media Group
678-589-8813

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/22/04 09:15AM >>>
Did you turn in a claim to your home owners?

Stupid question, did you file a police report with the local authorities?