DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

October 2004

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Louis Dallara <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:06:51 -0400
Bill;

 Sorry to hear about your loss, I lost one to thieves in 1991, It had
all my financial data on it.. I had to changed all my accounts, what a
pain.

What hotel or conference center? I hope you didn't loose any CAD
software or keys.
Maybe they will try and sell it on ebay, do you have the serial no?

I always use one of these security devices... $10.95 They use to be
required by Lucent Security, if they found one not secure they would
take the laptop off your desk, and you would have to play h$** to get it
back.

This one-piece laptop security device helps prevent the theft of
laptop/notebook computers with a built in security/micro slot (check
your owners manual)
This lock can be used with all laptop computers
Some models will require the gluing on of the included security slot
adapter plate
Kit includes a FREE security slot adapter plate and adhesive which can
be used with all laptop computers with or without a security slot
http://www.wesecure.com/laptop-security-device.htm

Best Regards
Lou Dallara CID