TECHNET Archives

June 2004

From:
Reuven ROKAH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:01:29 +0300
The VIP process is not so simple (materials, filling, curing, flatness
etc.) not all the PCBs shops know how to do it right,  so in order not to
limit ourselves and also costs aspects (beside the reliability), I
recommend up to 0.5 mm pitch to design the vias out of the bumps pads.

Best  Regards

Reuven  ROKAH

                      Lee Parker
                      <lee.parker@THEE         To:      [log in to unmask]
                      CMG.COM>                 cc:
                      Sent by: TechNet         Subject: Re: [TN] VIA in Pad

                      30/06/2004 04:48
                      Please respond
                      to "TechNet
                      E-Mail Forum.";
                      Please respond
                      to Lee Parker

I agree.

Many of these materials expand during the curing process and completely
fill the barrel while releasing all volatiles. Consequently after
leveling and plating they become benign.

Lee