TECHNET Archives

January 2004

From:
"Randy Bock Sr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:39:18 -0500
You need to add humidifiers to increase the humidity.  Worked in a clean
room with 30%RH and yes it can be very uncomfortable and with the dryer
air hugh amounts of  Static is generated.    You can use either portable
Humidifiers or have it controlled into your central air system. Immediate
relief is portable units.   May even try a vaporizer (mom my nose is
stuffy) for local areas if needed.

Randy Bock Sr.
Quality Manager
GMS Naugatuck
(p) 203 720-3861
(f)  203 729-5397
(email)  [log in to unmask]

"Sergio T. Ruiz" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
01/06/2004 10:25 AM
Please respond to
"TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to
"Sergio T. Ruiz" <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
[TN] etest environment..

after trying a few different methods to control our environment for our
etest room (the one i am referring holds only our everett charles 9090)
system, we are finding that the room is very uncomfortable..

as soon as winter hit, and the humidity started to plummet, we added a
humidifier to the room..

according to spec, we are keeping it in the 45% range. we are finding that
in order to keep it there, we are having to keep the temperature in the
72F
range..

the impetus for examining this more was losing a few cards to static
electricity.. this is a big bucks problem, and we needed to get it solved
immediately..

can anyone else tell me if they have experienced such an uncomfortable
environment?

thanks!

____
Sergio T. Ruiz