DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

September 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Jimmy Blier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:17:10 -0400
Hello John,

I have experience with the "LPKF PROTOMATE 92S router" and for what I've seen of it, I recommend it. (Great phone tech support & replacement parts are always available)

The machine is reliable, since our machine as been running around 40 to 50 hours a week for the past 5 or 6 years.
We have to change the vacuum motor about once a year. (But with this amount work hour, we consider this a simple maintenance)

The electronic is reasonably reliable and the mechanic is as precise today as it was when we bought it.

I recommend you keep a log of all repairs and part replacement you do, in time you will see that there is a predictable ware out cycle. That way you will be capable of preventive maintenance that will save you down time.

We are thinking to buy a second machine, if you end up trying the T-tech router, please let me know what you think of it.
(((The bottom line is : My experience with LPKF is a good one...)))

Best Regards,

--

Jimmy Blier
Senior CAD Designer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The information transmitted herein is confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). All other persons are strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing, relying upon or reproducing it. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material and file.

AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALITÉ:
Cette transmission par courrier électronique est destinée strictement à la (aux)personne(s) ci-dessus mentionnée(s) et contient de l'information confidentielle. Toute distribution, copie, usage ou divulgation de cette communication est défendue. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez nous contacter immédiatement et effacer la transmission et dossier.