DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

July 2003

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Karl Bates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:35:09 -0500
Jack,
What about using your bottom layer as a voltage plane for at least 2 of your
powers ?   and the layer next to the bottom as a GND plane (solid).
That way you have a external plane carrying your voltage (higher current
capacity), and shielded by your next inner layer, eliminating the traces
running over a split.
Probably be a good idea to put your bypass caps as near as possible under
that part also.. It definitely
becomes a problem when everything needs to be @ the BGA device.
I would split the minor voltages on the bottom, and put a solid 5v on a
internal layer.
Good luck, yer gonna need it :-)
Karl