TECHNET Archives

February 2003

From:
"Barmuta, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:42:20 -0800
Bret: Electroless Ni and electroplated Ni are two totally different animals.

Get a copy of the annual Metal Finishing Guidebook and Directory. Go to the
section on nickel plating.
It will help answer your questions. You may also want to contact suppliers
of Ni plating chemistry they can provide you with additional information on
this subject. There are probably literally millions of papers on nickel
plating, try your favorite search engine.

Low stress electroplated nickel is usually around 0 - 50 MPa. It is
controlled by bath composition and operating conditions.

Regards

Michael Barmuta

Fluke Corp.